Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Road Trip 2015: By the numbers

9,533: Miles traveled
What???
That's crazy.
BY FAR the longest road trip so far!



33: Days on the road



17: States we drove through
Including... 




56+: Loved ones visited


0: flat tires, check engine lights, or tickets
Hooray!

Other random memories:

*Caroline and I were eating breakfast by ourselves at a hotel one morning. We were talking about how when B and W have moved out of the house, she and I will take the road trip by ourselves. She said, "Yea, and we can listen to kidz bop! And go geocaching!" (Two things the big kids do NOT enjoy.) We're totally doing it! Yes!

Geocaching at Cecret Lake

*While we were walking around BYU campus between our luncheon and graduation, we stopped at the BYUtv broadcasting building. We took some pictures in the hall with Studio C cutouts.





On our way out of the building, we ran into Lobster-Bisque JAMES on the stairs! So exciting! Made our day!

*While attending the fair and rodeo near Roosevelt, we heard the absolute WORST public rendition of the Star Spangled Banner ever. Oh. my. goodness. If I would have known how bad it was going to be, I would have filmed it. But I didn't. You'll have to take my word for it. It was laughable. And I'm not generally a giggle-during-the-national-anthem kind of girl. 

I don't even have a picture of the gentleman.
Bless his heart.

*In all of my years living in Provo and visiting BYU since I've moved away, I have never hiked the Y. It's embarrassing. It's one of those things you're supposed to do when you're a BYU student. I'm not sure how or why I never made it happen. SO, I told my family that I wanted to make that happen THIS YEAR. I was all excited for it. We picked our date and even though my kids don't like hiking, they agreed to come along. Then the day came. And it was HOT. So hot. Like 100*. And I was afraid they were going to complain the whole time. And I wasn't sure that I wanted to be on the mountain in that heat either. So, we decided not to go. The next day, at my graduation, while the dean was speaking, she was having students "Stand up if you have ever...." And one of the items on her list was, "...hiked the Y." I was one of the ONLY graduates to remain seated for that one. Boo.

2 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure with all the driving/road trips you put your cars through you should be on a car commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staggering, yet joyful numbers! And you can hike the "Y" when you get your masters degree!

    ReplyDelete