Sunday, November 22, 2015

Annual Pilot Mountain Trip

As is tradition, on the end-of-first-quarter teacher workday, Andrew took the day off of work (even though he is CRAZY busy right now) and we headed up to Pilot Mountain.

The weather was threatening, but there was less than 50% chance of rain, so I figured we should take our chances and head up there. The high was predicted to be in the 50's, so I told the kids that we'd need jackets, but not heavy coats or hats or mittens.

The drive up there was pretty.
Even though it was sprinkling...
not a good sign.



When we got to the top, I set up my tripod and we took some fun family photos.







And some individuals.










One of my favorites:
courtesy of Caroline.

I took a few pics of the beautiful scenery.


LOVE the fall colors!

It was colder up there than we thought it would be.
I still wanted to hike and think we would have been fine
once we were moving.
But the rest of the family overruled me. 
They thought we would be miserable with our little jackets on.
So, we ate our picnic lunch in the car and headed hone.
And we had enough time to catch a matinee at the dollar movies.
The boys watched AntMan.
The girls watched Inside Out.
A fun and relaxing day.

1 comment: