Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Feeling Christmasy

I LOVE this time of year.  I love shopping--especially the anticipation of my kids' reactions on Christmas Day.  I love listening to Christmas music all day long and singing my heart out.  I indulge in peppermint ice cream and peppermint oreos and, well, just about anything with peppermint added to it!  I get excited about seeing Christmas lights around town.  And, most importantly, I am grateful for a time to focus on the birth of our Savior and try to follow His example in serving others.

Here is a glimpse into our festivities so far.
DECORATING THE TREE
Care Bear made sure the bottom third of the tree was covered.

B-train mostly wanted to watch.
I think he's getting too cool for tree decorating.
But he pitched in a little.

Almost done.

Caroline's turn to put the star on top.

Voila!

COMMUNITY TREE LIGHTING


CHRISTMAS PARADE
Giant balloons

Back-flipping karate chops

 A&T marching band.
Awesome!

NEIGHBORHOOD LIGHTS
We visited my favorite Christmas neighborhood
with the big balls of lights strewn about.

The temperatures have been so mild that we actually
got out of the van and walked around so I could get
better pictures.

 It's still hard to capture just how cool this scene is.
LOVE it.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on no dark spots in your tree. no long periods of hardship for you guys. lights and joy all the way!

    also, seeing the tuba players in that marching band picture had me laughing all over again. "oh, yeah. sure, flute player. let's walk with our instruments..." still picturing drummers strapping on their drums. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you email me where that street is? I want to go! We need to go see some fun lights!

    ReplyDelete