Friday, January 25, 2013

Spotlight 2013: Andrea

 Andrea, also still in her 30's
(contrary to what Andrew wrote in our family Christmas card!)

Notable changes/events in 2012: 
*Lots of trips: Disneyworld/Legoland in Feb, beach trip with both sets of grandparents in Apr, anniversary cruise to the Bahamas in May, annual month-long summer road trip, Labor Day weekend in Denmark with Jayne, two trips to KY to celebrate time with family there, TOFW in Atlanta with Shelley.
*Whitney's baptism
*Biggest remodel on our house so far--filling in the two-story entryway
*New calling at church: counselor in the Relief Society presidency.

Follow-up from last year's hopes:
*Finish my Motivation class as well as two others![Nope.  Did finish Motivation.  And I'm 3/4 of the way through Sports Psych.]
*Take a trip to Disneyworld with my family. [Yes!  Loved it!  The kids want to go back ASAP.]
*Visit Jayne in Denmark. [Yes! Unforgettable long weekend.]
*Go to TOFW in Denver with my in-laws. [Nope. And I think Tony's done doing TOFW.  I never got the chance to hear him.  Boo.]
*Plan a getaway with Drew for our 15th anniversary. [Yes! Fabulous!]
*Take our 5th annual summer road trip. [Yes! Met new nephew (for 5 minutes) and new niece (a week later than expected) and had a fun (other than the stomach bug) reunion with Andrew's side of the fam.]
Hopes for 2013:  Spring break trip to NYC to visit Mandi and Christian and their kiddios. Finish better than .500 in my tennis matches. Annual summer road trip and reunion with my parents and siblings and Grandma Cuca.  Finish Sports Psych and two other classes toward my degree---seriously, we're getting into crunch time here. 

Favorite sport: Tennis to play.  Football to watch.

Is really good at:  Being happy.
Wish you were better at:  Being organizing and prioritizing my time wisely.

Best part about your job: Taking a few minutes when each kid gets home from school to focus only on them and hear about their day. Love that.
Favorite pastimes: Reading. Playing the piano. Tennis. Going out to eat with my girlfriends. Taking photos. Listening to programs on the Mormon Channel while I work out here at home.  Board games. Family movie night.

Favorite recent reads: Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner, Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson, Calico Joe by John Grisham, How Will You Measure Your Life? by Clayton Christensen

Favorite restaurant:  Bonsai
Dessert of choice: Cheesecake

What kind of car would you like to drive?  If we lived in a small town, I would LOVE to drive a Ford F-150 with an extended cab.  Since we don't, I'd be happy with a minivan with fewer than 50k miles on it.  If we're talking just completely impractical dream car, I'd take this Lotus:


Five things that make you happy: Looking through the photos on my camera before I upload them to my computer, especially after an event or gathering. Clearance tags at Target. Watching my kids work at something and succeed. Andrew's compliments. Sunsets.



3 comments:

  1. shelley's recent reads: edenbrooke, edenbrooke, edenbrooke, edenbrooke... oh, and did i mention edenbrooke?

    darn you perpetually happy andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes why did Andrew write you were in your 40s on the Christmas card? That trickster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for spotlighting the spotlighter! I love that first picture of you. And some day I hope you get a truck!
    Love you!
    Mom S

    ReplyDelete