Sunday, January 29, 2012

Profile 2012: Andrea

Andrea

Notable changes/events in 2011:  Finished my Child Development class.  Visited Colonial Williamsburg.  Finally visited an amusement park when I wasn't pregnant so I could ride roller coasters.  Took our fourth annual cross country road trip.  Got released from my responsibilities in the nursery at church and asked to serve as the secretary for Relief Society.  Attended Time Out for Women in Richmond.  Joined the neighborhood tennis team. 

Follow-up on last year's hopes for 2011:
*Finish the Child Development class I started this month as well as one more class toward my degree.  (I did finish Child Development, but am only halfway through my next class, Motivation.)
*Also finish my continuing ed credits to renew my dental hygiene license this summer.  (I BARELY made it and had to pay big bucks for my last class, but I DID IT!)
*Purchase a dSLR camera and figure out how to use it.  (The purchase was made.  The figuring out is a constant pastime.)
*Continue to have daily personal scripture study in the mornings before the kiddios wake up.  (Yep!)
*Get some exercise on my bike once the weather finally warms up.  (Nope.  I've given up on the bike.  Caroline is getting to big for me to ride her around.  I did The Biggest Loser for several months and am now using Just Dance as my workout most mornings.)

Hopes for 2012:
*Finish my Motivation class as well as two others!  Yikes.  Is this possible?  I'm not sure, but it's the timeline I need to be on if I want to finish my degree before BYU kicks me out of their program.
*Take a trip to Disneyworld with my family.
*Visit Jayne in Denmark.
*Go to TOFW in Denver with my in-laws.
*Plan a getaway with Drew for our 15th anniversary.
*Take our 5th annual summer road trip.
(Holy cow!  I basically just want to travel all. the. time.)

Favorite sport: Tennis to play.  Football to watch.

Is really good at:  Serving the ball hard in tennis.

Wishes she were better at:  Keeping my house clean.

Best part about my job:  Hugs from my kids when they first get home from school.

Favorite pastimes:  Tennis, photography, playing the piano, blogging, shopping the clearance section (especially at Target), going out to eat, reading.

Favorite recent reads:  The Help by Kathryn Stockett, Uglies series by Scott Westerfield, Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick, The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

Favorite restaurant:  Bonsai Japanese



8 comments:

  1. going to tofw without me?! i approve of all other travel plans except for that one. and i also thought you were my "i don't aspire to that" friend. what's up with your "wish i was better at" comment? i think i might judge this one as the most disappointing post ever. except that i love that pic at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley--notice that "keep the house clean" WASN'T on the list of hopes for 2012. Just because I "wish I was better" at something, doesn't mean I'm actually going to work at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy 15th anniversary year!! : ) and have to agree w/ shelley about the picture at the end, and the profile pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun travels for the sweats this year! Denmark? Will that be with or without the kids? Sounds like a fun year planned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie--I'm hoping to go to Denmark all by myself! Eek! I don't have firm plans on it yet, but Andrew has given the green light, so I'm hoping it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! It makes you seem close even though you're far away!
    XO
    Mama Sweat

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are way behind keeping up with all you do. Looks like we'll be even farther behind this year. Clever last picture. Is it a self portrait? And when we saw it, why did we instinctively smile?
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denmark? That'd be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete