Thursday, July 23, 2015

Lindsey Stirling

Brandon has a variety of music tastes. But he has a preference for songs without lyrics. (Since I like to sing along with everything I listen to, I don't get it.) One artist that he and the girls love is Lindsey Stirling. She is an amazing hip-hop violinist. They know lots of her songs and listen to her all the time. When we heard that she was coming on tour to Raleigh, the kids asked if we could go. I looked into tickets and they were reasonable, so I told them if they would pay for half of the ticket, I'd pay for the other half. Brandon and Whit both said YES.

The three of us had a fabulous night in downtown Raleigh at the Red Hat Amphitheater. We had never been. It was nice. But hot. And muggy.

We enjoyed a beautiful sunset.

The opening band was OK.
It was Echosmith.
I had never heard of them.
They are kind of a one-hit-wonder for now.
We all know their one hit, "Cool Kids."
It was fun to sing along with that one.

Then Lindsey came out.
She is a PERFORMER.
And put on such a fun, entertaining show.






Here's a little sample:


 So fun to do big-kid activities with my big kids!

Caroline and Andrew enjoyed a fun daddy-daughter date
while we were gone.

1 comment: