Sunday, November 10, 2013

Annual Pilot Mountain Hike

I love hiking! I wish we did it more often. But at least I can count on one little hike every year--on the teacher workday at the end of the first quarter of school.  Yippee! I remember when we used to have to DRAG the kids around that pinnacle. They hated it. It was torturous. Now they look forward to it as much as I do. So fun.

We had the most beautiful weather while we were up there. Overcast and warm. We didn't even need jackets. Andrew took the day off from work and I'm so glad he could take our family portraits with us. But his back could NOT handle a hike, so his laptop kept him company in the van while the kids and I tromped around in nature.






B and I found a new spot to explore.
 Isn't it awesome?
Just looking at this picture made Andrew sick.
He does NOT think it is awesome.

This picture cracked me up.
How can the four of us look the same height
and then Andrew a foot taller?




This picture pretty well captures how the hike went.
Caroline posing for cute pictures.
Whitney exploring in her own little world.
Brandon performing feats of strength.



This was the year of the ladybug.
 They were EVERYWHERE.
At one point, they were so thick that we had a handful
on us at all times. It was crazy.












And of course we had to stop at Chuck E's in Winston.
 Care Bear won a big bonus.
 So did Drew.
Free tickets. Woo hoo!

I love sharing traditions with my family.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! We always go to Hanging Rock, but we might have to try out Pilot next time! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Andrew had to miss all the fun of climbing on precarious rocks. What a great blog, full of great pictures of all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I can fly after looking at all of these photos of you guys and the incredible scenery. They are beautiful. I especially like the one of the whole family!
    XO
    Mom S

    ReplyDelete
  4. So next year when Andrew's back is better we'll see him posing like you and B on the top of that rock right?

    ReplyDelete