Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Another Time Out

 What could make two grown women jump for joy like this???
Time Out for Women!

At the beginning of this year, I had several trips I wanted to take.  One of them was a trip to Denver to go to Time Out for Women with Amy and Barb.  But it was too soon after my trip to Denmark.  And I decided to back out.  Boo.

But.....instead I got to go to Atlanta with Shelley.  Yay!  We had a BLAST.  For LDS women looking for a fun getaway with amazing, uplifting experiences, Time Out is fabulous.  The speakers have this amazing way of making you laugh, cry, and feel the Spirit...all within a five minute span.  I love it!

With Macy Robison, a fun music theater girl
with a great story to tell.

"...four little, five little, six little babies of my own."

With Mariama Kallon,
a survivor of atrocities in Sierra Leone.

With Heidi Swinton,
author of President Monson's biography.

Look at all the bags I packed.
For one night.
Out. of. control.

Rockin' out with Jericho Road.
Oh, yes.
The Atlanta ladies were a little more hesitant to get out of
their seats and dance, but we eventually got there.  Woo hoo!


Jazz hands!
I'm taller than all four of these men.
Felt like a giant.
With Mary Ellen Edmunds.
This woman cracks me up.
I love her sense of humor.


Thanks to Andrew, Michael, and the seven other babysitters who helped make this weekend possible!

Oh, and I'm still waiting to hear Tony speak.  2013, maybe?

7 comments:

  1. Jericho Road? I'm sure we have an unopened DVD of theirs in one of my boxes. I'll give it to you in a few years when I finally track it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look amazing! I've never thought about going to one before (probably because since we left NC there's never been one nearby) but now I want to! Oh, and that is totally how I pack. Rob has stopped complaining about it and just deals with it now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Fun! Glad you guys got to go. And I love that first picture! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will make it to one of these, eventually. Ü Glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will get there next year!!! I'm excited to get a glimpse with my new CD:)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great time the two of you had. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They ought to use that first photo for an advertisement for next year's TOFW! So glad you were able to go and maybe some day we'll all be able to attend one together. But if not, yay for the opportunity to do these wonderful things. Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us!
    XO
    Mom S

    ReplyDelete