Friday, December 8, 2017

What October Looked Like

General Conference!
I made homemade cinnamon rolls for the first time.


They were delicious!



I got to go to Colorado!
Tony was speaking at Time Out for Women right in Castle Rock,
where Amy and Dave live.
So all of the Sweat women congregated there and attended together.
It was such a fun weekend!
These girls wished I had brought Caroline along.

Amy and I got to play singles one morning.
She beat me, but it was close and we had fun.

We hiked the Castle Rock.



Such great views!



Fall was in full swing in Colorado.

We were treated to VIP status and got
reserved seats at the front. Oooh la la.

It happened to be the same weekend as Grandma's 65th birthday!
I was so happy we could be together to celebrate.

Tony, introducing himself.

Cafe Rio!!

Tony did a FABULOUS job. I love hearing him speak.
It's so fun that Lauren is an adult now and can hang with 
us old ladies. :)

Just missing ONE nine-year-old cousin. :(

Present time!
We all pitched in to get her a new phone.
She was ECSTATIC.
It was so cute.

Cake time!

While I was away,
Whitney had her first ballet workshop.
They spent all day Saturday in intense classes,
then got to perform at the end.
Sad I missed that.

Happy to be back with my fam. :)

I took these girls (including Sarah, C's little bestie),
to watch the new My Little Pony movie.

Andrew got to go to Portugal for work!

This is where he stayed. Wow.
He was in the city of Porto,
home of Port Wine. He got to tour a winery,
learn all about the wine-making process, 
and hear authentic Portuguese guitar and fado music.

W got to go to L's hotel birthday party.

So fun.

A random pic of the marching band and cheerleaders.
I think it was from a pep rally.
B's all the way in the back, toward the middle.

I've been waiting months for this!
BYU's football team came to NC!
They played ECU!
I got tickets for the whole family months ago.
But then this season our team STINKS.
And Andrew said it would be torture for him to go.
And if he wasn't going, the girls didn't want to go, either.
But I REALLY wanted to go.

So I talked Brandon and Spencer into going with me.
We had a great time!
We got to tailgate with some yummy BBQ.

Hung out with Cosmo the cougar.

Got to see the cheerleaders.

Ran into Andrew's mission president.

College football is so fun.


I love the tunnel that the home team players 
come out of! Isn't that pirate awesome?

Random side note: my shoes fell apart while we were there.
Completely!
It was hilarious and kind of embarrassing.
I looked homeless. Ha ha!
Every time I looked down at my feet, I would start laughing.
They looked like they were in such good shape 
when I left the house that morning...


We were surrounded by BYU fans.

Cosmo did headstands on the sidelines.
The marching band was fun to watch.



They had a school concert at Pilot.
They got to sing this song that we've known for years
in our house, "It's about respect. Check it out. Check it out."
Very catchy.

These beautiful young ladies performed for Young Women Excellence.
So talented.

I moved up to play in Division 3 for Gate City this year.
This is Kimmy, the partner I usually play with.
We have so much fun on the court.
And we won all but one of our matches together!

Halloween!
Trunk or treat at church.
A kitty and a dancer. 
Brandon was sick at home.



I gave a shout out to my Latina heritage.

And Andrew joined me. :)




Fun date night:



Trick or treating!



Care Bear went out with KK and her little sis.

Whit did another partner costume with Lauren.
Phantom of the Opera and Christine.

B was a sound cloud rapper.
I don't even know what that means.
But I got to braid his hair...
didn't think I'd ever be saying that about my son...

Andrew stayed home and handed out candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment