Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Pilot Mountain 2017

I almost messed up our annual tradition of hiking at Pilot Mountain this year! I had it in my calendar, but forgot to actually coordinate with Andrew about taking the day off. D'oh! Thankfully, he was able to switch things around at work and take the day off to spend with us while the kids had a teacher workday off of school. Yay!

We headed up fairly early in the morning and stopped at the hospital to visit a friend from church, Laura Jones, who was ill. When we got to her room, she was asleep, so we didn't even get to visit. Darn.

Then we grabbed some lunch at Wendy's and went to the movies to watch Lego Ninjago. It was pretty good, but not as good as the previous two Lego movies. We loved the theater, though, with leather recliners for seats! Andrew and Brandon may have snuck in some Zzzzz's while we were there...

Then it was time to head to the mountain.



As usual, I packed my tripod and we snapped some 
family pics while we were up there.
This one's my favorite. 











Instead of doing our traditional hike around the knob,
we took some new trails that had bouldering routes.

The climbers brought their shoes
and were able to do a little climbing.





Andrew even gave it a little try.

We would've liked to have stayed a little longer,
but the sun was starting to set and I didn't want
to get stranded down there.

Beautiful Whitney,
who humored the climbers. :)



We thought it was cool how the light and shadows 
made a bright #1 right there.

Oh, how I love having adventures with my family.

We stopped at Sheetz on the way home to get a treat.
It was WAAAAAY off the freeway exit, which was annoying.

We were treated to a cool view of the Winston-Salem skyline as we drove home.
Love my family and the traditions we share.

2 comments: