Saturday, June 4, 2011

In memory


Great Grandma Rose passed away last week.  I will never forget going to meet her in her beautiful downtown Salt Lake apartment.  I wasn't even part of the family yet.  She gave me a big hug.  And then she kissed me on the lips.  That was unexpected.  I quickly learned how to hug and turn my face to get a cheek-kiss instead.  :)

I'm grateful for her love, her confidence in us, her quiet testimony of the gospel, her generosity, her endurance through the last few years of health challenges. 

The annual Christmas party will never be the same without her seated as the guest of honor.  We'll miss you, Grandma!

4 comments:

  1. Love that she used to kiss you on the mouth. I think there is one in every family :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture! That's exactly the way that Grandma would look at her grand kids: full of love and pride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you Andrea for posting this tribute to grandma and the picture with Andrew. It is perfectly grandma. And also for remembering her surprising kissing on the lips practice - I had forgotten all about that, and really, how could anyone forget that? We love and honor Grandma Ranquist!
    Love,
    Grandma S

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved talking to Rose about our shared great-grandchildren. She will be missed.

    ReplyDelete